Increasing my energy
Ideas to Increase Energy
Time management is not as important as energy management*.
This is about filling yourself up every day.
You don’t need superhuman strength and willpower to manage life.
When you have sufficient positive energy, you can move forward with much more ease.
Practicing self-care and self-compassion will help you to make the changes that you desire. This short video by Dr. Joti Samra explains how.
Explore these ideas and try whatever you think will work for you:
- Complete your own plan for resilience so you can consider healthy coping strategies that will work for you when times feel tough.
- Being in nature energizes and calms many people. If you can’t get outside, consider adding photos of nature, listening to the sounds of nature, or bringing nature inside by adding plants.
- The right music can energize you – create your own playlist of songs that lift you up.
- Movement of almost any type can help increase your mental energy as well as your physical energy. A fun app like Click to Get Fit where you roll the dice and complete the activity shown might help motivate you.
- Helping others is a great way to shift your energy and focus to positive action. It is true that you help yourself by helping others. This Wikihow explains why and how.
- Watch YouTube videos on almost any subject like…
- Try some of the recentering activities. Use any that work for you as many times throughout the day as you want.
More ideas submitted by you:
Planting a garden has energized me in ways I never thought possible. Nurturing, planting and tending to the potential harvest lifts the spirits and provides bursts of energy and immense satisfaction all with little or no reliance on technology. A good gardening book and advice from the greenhouse experts is all you need!
~ Leanne Fournier
Shifting my mindset to look forward to things coming up in my day vs. dreading them plays a huge role in my energy levels. Try saying “I get to” instead of “I have to” and see what happens!
~ Emma Myers
Please share with us your ideas for increasing positive energy.
We will add as many as we can to this list.
*Loehr J, Schwartz T, The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal, New York, New York, USA: Free Press; 2003